Egypt is one of the most famous tourist destinations across the globe. It’s cultural and architectural history has been survived by a lot of wonders and ruins that still exist. Besides that beaches and safaris have also become an intrinsic part of most Egypt vacations. Therapeutic tourism is another form of tourism that has gained popularity in recent years, especially around the regions of Hurghada and Red Sea Coast.
Egypt tours can be undertaken as either group tours which are cheap and time efficient, or in the form custom individual tours. Most of the Egypt Tour Packages are based on group tours. There are minor differences according to the types of groups these packages are pitched for. For example, family based packages include many adventure based activities for kids like snorkeling, there are also Egypt tours specifically for certain scholars who visit the country to study the Egyptian cultural heritage.
Egypt vacations should be planned keeping the weather conditions in mind. While summers are mostly hot and dry, the Delta summers are humid. Winters on the other hand, are generally mild with occasional spells of rain. Also, some sandstorms can be expected between March and May. Since most Egypt vacations can be fully customized one can plan their bookings keeping in mind the weather conditions they can be comfortable with. There are certain health related issues one must know of before visiting Egypt:
- For all medical emergencies in Egypt one must dial 121 for assistance.
- People with severe allergies or undergoing treatments should carry a health note from their practitioner clearly specifying an individual’s medical condition.
- Egypt does not offer any health cover to most visitors traveling from other countries. It is therefore highly recommended that travelers take a health insurance policy before traveling to the country.
Major tourist destinations in the country include:
- Luxor: Luxor is known for its temples. Also, most of the now famous Nile cruises begin from this destination. It was the ancient capital of Thebes.
- Western oases: The most famous of the lot includes Dakhla, Farafra and Bahariya, found in the middle of the Saharan expanse. They are known for their dates, olives and picturesque landscape. Most Egypt tours postcards derive their photographic landscape from these oases.
- Alexandria: The city is the country’s largest seaport. It is known for its ancient library which is said to be one of the most significant ones in the ancient world.
- Cairo: Besides being the capital of Egypt, it has become famous for its nightlife, and a popular destination for international conferences and cultural festivals. It is the starting destination for most Egypt vacations due to its location and accessibility. The famous pyramids and Gaza Sphinx are located in this city.